Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Please tell me your plans are better than my dreams!

Sorry for the lack of posts. This month has been really hard for some reason. Not sure if it's the typical winter and being cooped up in the house or lack of any adoption updates.  Either way, it's just been an emotional month!

February is bringing lots of fun things planned though so looking forward to that!  We will celebrate Nolan's 5th Birthday in a few weeks and at the end of February, Ross & I will be getting on a plane and heading to Cabo San Lucas.  We are very much looking forward to a "husband & wife" vacation!  Happy Wife=Happy Life right? :)

I recently read a blog with some advice on how to get through the waiting process and thought I would share some of my favorites!

1.Setting ground rules for the family.  I don't think this one really applies to us. We have a wonderful, supportive family who has truly been great throughout this process.  I have heard nightmare stories of mothers or mother in laws calling every day asking for an update.  We are very fortunate we don't have this!  They have given us the space we need and know if we know anything, they will be the first people we tell. 

2. Shop BEFORE you get the call.  A lot of people have mentioned this to me and all though I have the "basics" for a baby, I don't have much!  I am one of those skeptical people and feel like if I'm actually all ready and prepared with a nicely decorated nursery, our baby will never come!  I know that's crazy but it's how I feel.  I know if we get "the call" and have just a few days or weeks or months to get ready, between us and our families, we will get the shopping done!

3.  Spend more time with your spouse.  Isn't this one true?!  I mean, how many of us can say this now after we had kids?!  Once a baby comes, adult nights out become very limited.  Ross and I try to do date night once/month and even though we would love to add in maybe one-two more a month, it's not always feasible when you have children!  We are looking forward to our trip and spending some alone time together though!

4.  Prepare Frozen Meals ahead of time.  I love this idea and if I was pregnant and knew that in 9 months I'd have a baby, I would totally be doing this!!! Not sure why I didn't do this when we had Nolan because I remember being stressed about meals!  If we have time before our baby arrives, this is definitely something I would like to tackle! 

5.Obsess less and stay off adoption blogs. There is too much information out there, it's overwhelming and a lot of the times not correct information.  I can totally relate on this one. No need to even comment :)

As always, thank you for praying for our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment