Friday, February 1, 2013

Another Profile Showing

This morning our book was shown to a couple who live VERY close to us.  I have to admit, I was the most excited for this profile showing. We first heard about it a week ago but I didn't want to announce it until after I knew more information.  It seemed like the birth parents had everything that we were looking for and we loved that the baby would be born in the same hospital as Nolan was.  What a cool story to tell, right?  The only kind of scary part was that the baby was due Feb. 17th which is 2 weeks from now!  We were prepared to cancel our trip if this profile showing went well but I guess we will not be doing that.

I hate that I let my guard down and let myself get so excited about this one.  I haven't slept all week and if I did, my dreams were filled with this baby in our arms.  I had really almost 100% convinced myself this was it.  I also liked that the birth mom was open to everyone but would put preference on the longest waiting families.  Well at 18 months, we are in the top 10 of longest waiting.  On a happier note, she did choose a family who had been waiting 2.5 years and my heart does smile knowing after 2.5 years they are finally getting their call. 

So back to looking forward to the wonderful things that February is bringing us! Birthday parties and Beach trip.

Have a blessed weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment