Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

A few months ago, I saw an idea on pinterest that caught my eye. Doing random acts of kindness during the Christmas season. Every year our family chooses some sort of charity to give back to. Last year we adopted a family and the year before that donated to the local womens and childrens shelter. This year I really wanted to do something different though. Something that takes us out of our normal comfort zone and into a sometimes "uncomfortable" zone. I think that is why I was so drawn to these random acts of kindness. There will be times we are going up to random people and giving them items. I am not known to be someone who will go up to someone I have never met and strick up conversation, so this will be a bigger challenge to myself than my husband, who will talk to anyone with a beating heart! :)

Tomorrow, two random people will receive a loaf of my homemade banana bread. Friday, we are leaving our cleaning lady a loaf of bread and handing out a few cake pops. We have a list of things we will do throughout the month but I need some help! I want to send a gift basket anonymously to our adoption agency for them to give to one of the expectant parents but don't know what to include?! So if you have any ideas to share...please leave a comment or email me at: anneburau@hotmail.com.

I pray that we not only teach our children the true meaning of Christmas, but also teach others. I also pray that this changes us forever. I already feel God's hands in all of this and am so excited to share His word with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment