Thursday, September 22, 2011

Adoption through a 3 year olds eyes

Over these last few months, Ross & I have been talking about adoption to the kids. I'm pretty confident that Ian gets it. However, we still have a little work to do with Nolan. Granted, he's 3. This is our conversation this morning as we were heading out the door to daycare....

me: Nolan, please get your shoes on, we need to get going.
Nolan: "no...you do it." (in his tired/whiny voice...)
me: Nolan, when we get a baby, you are going to have to do a lot of things like this yourself. Mom will be too busy getting the baby ready.
Nolan: So when is God going to knock on our door and drop the baby off?

Oh boy..... :) I can just imagine him right now....talking to his friends at daycare. "God's going to drop a baby off at my house!" So precious to hear how he tries to understand and make sense of this all.

Tonight I tried to explain to him that mommy will not have a baby in her tummy because that makes me really sick. But someone else will have a baby in their tummy and then give us the baby and the baby will be ours! He goes, "But Jamie has a baby in her tummy!" (our old daycare provider). I love that his wheels are spinning as he tries to make sense of this all!

No comments:

Post a Comment