Tuesday, March 26, 2013

:(

I'm so frustrated today!  We got word that the birth mom decided that she didn't want to look at profiles so far away from her.  (She lives in Georgia).  It frustrates me that the social workers let it go this far.  Involving 14 families, sending our books down to GA and getting all of our hopes up and then none of the books even got looked at. 

I am at the point where I have removed most emotions from the profile showings and have refrained myself from getting really excited, but it truly is hard to remove all emotions 100%.  Every profile showing that goes by we wonder "is this the one?" Like a woman trying to get pregnant, every pregnancy test she takes wondering if this is it, that's the feeling I have. You try so hard to not get too excited but it's unavoidable. 

It will be 2 years this summer that we have been waiting and have a lot of hard decisions we have to make soon if we will continue this journey or not.  It's truly an exhausting process, one we could have never prepared ourselves for 100%.  Some days I feel like I am constantly on a roller coaster.  Please pray for our family.  We are not ready to give up, yet we also don't know how much longer we will be able to continue.  I love this quote......

No comments:

Post a Comment