Thursday, June 2, 2011

The boys reactions to our news...

I didn't include Ian in the picture where we announced our news because I just couldn't find a shirt that said that right thing. However, Ian is just as EXCITED as Nolan! In fact, we have been talking about adoption with them for some time and I have to journal what their reactions were for my sake because it was absolutely priceless and I don't ever want to forget it!!

When we told Ian that we were going to be adopting he looked at us and said, "Why are you giving me up for adoption?!" We laughed. And laughed and laughed. We told him that we were not going to be giving him up for adoption but that there would be a Mom out there that would be unable to care for her baby and would be giving us her baby to take care of! We explained that I would not have a baby growing in my tummy like I did when I was pregnant with Nolan. I think we may have confused him even more but his reaction was so priceless! I have no concerns with Ian about adding another baby to our family. He is a wonderful big brother to Nolan and has taken on the role so well!

With Nolan, it's a little different. Since he is only 3, he obviously doesn't understand adoption or where babies come from. Currently, he thinks that if you pray everynight for a baby you will eventually get one! So...everynight he adds to his prayers, "God, please give me a baby." Notice he says, "me.". This is Nolan's misunderstanding. He thinks that God will be bringing HIM a baby and it will be his little toy! He told me the baby will sleep with him and he will take care of it. Well...thank you Nolan! I try to remind him everyday that when the baby comes, he will no longer be the baby of the family and will then become a big brother and we will need his help around the house! This will hit Nolan the hardest, as most of you know...he has been our baby for 3 years and he LOVES being the baby. I know he will make a wonderful big brother though and am so excited to see him as one!

No comments:

Post a Comment